GstGL assertion failure

petros petroskataras at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:37:08 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I m getting an assertion failure when trying to destroy and recreate a
pipeline that makes use of GstGL components and I was wondering if someone
here has a clue.

The assertion I am hitting is the following :

gst_gl_context_fill_info: assertion 'context->priv->active_thread ==
g_thread_self ()' failed

This manifests, occasionally, during pipeline reconstruction. If I run the
app with GST_DEBUG=6 then the failure happens much faster ( at the second -
third attempt to reconstruct the pipeline ) which makes me worry that there
is some timing / ordering issue there happening.

The pipeline is playbin based and uses glcolorconvert and glupload for the
GL part. Wrapped context and display creation is happening  here
<https://github.com/PetrosKataras/Cinder/blob/gst-player-refactor-and-osx-support/src/cinder/linux/GstPlayer.cpp#L461-L503>
and setting it is happening when receiving GST_MESSAGE_HAVE_CONTEXT  here
<https://github.com/PetrosKataras/Cinder/blob/gst-player-refactor-and-osx-support/src/cinder/linux/GstPlayer.cpp#L149-L164>
.

Attached you can find a log file with GST_DEBUG=6 where the reconstruction
succeeds for the first 3 times but fails then. I cannot really see from the
log file what could cause this so any pointers from some more experienced
eyes would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Petros

log.zip <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4681202/log.zip>