Measure pipeline I/O latency

Lijia (George Lee, Euler) george.lee at huawei.com
Wed Dec 21 06:54:56 UTC 2016

I am working on ultra-low latency pipeline design for GStreamer 1.10.x, with that goal the primary step should measure the total real processing latency across each element which the overall pipeline makes up of, i.e. pipeline I/O latency. Even though there is latency compensation mechanism from source to sink in the pipeline, but it is still not what I am looking for.

On the other hand I am not sure whether existing GStreamer release has built-in latency metrics mechanism for respective each element or overall pipeline? Maybe we need re-invent such kind of this metrics for GStreamer.

George Lee