qtdemux - unable to locate moov atom

amitchawla amit at wowvision.in
Thu Dec 22 10:45:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am using qtdemux in my pipelines, and while playing MP4/MOV files, I see
that few of the files fail to play, as qtdemux exits with ....error

"no moov atom within the first 10 MB" .

Clearly for those MP4/MOV files that moov atom is at the end of the file.
Since I am streaming the file to qtdemux via tcpserversrc over a tcp
connection, I see that in qtdemux.c, probably the upstream_seekable is
FALSE.

My question is "Does qtdemux (version 1.2.4, 2014-04-18) that I have on my
platform handles unoptimized MP4/MOV files where moov atom is not found at
the start of the file? " or Do I have to implement that myself in qtdemux.c.

I understand that I will have to implement this handling, considering my TCP
streaming case (Push mode) as opposed to seeking moov atom from a file (Pull
mode).

Many thanks for your inputs.

Amit