qtdemux - unable to locate moov atom

amitchawla amit at wowvision.in
Fri Dec 23 05:33:56 UTC 2016

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply. It would be nice if you could put some light on the
following - please correct me if I am wrong,

1) What is the concept of PUSH mode and PULL mode at the lowest level of
implementation ? As I understand, PUSH mode transport means that the src pad
(upstream element) is executing the loop thread, and the smooth flow of
buffers depends on the SRC element (TCPSERVERSRC in my case) receiving the
data from the network on time. Can TCPSERVERSRC operate in PULL mode ? Will
that mean I have to make it seekable to operate in PULL mode?

2) PULL mode means that the streaming thread (loop thread) is implemented
not by the SRC element but by a downstream element. So the onus of smooth
flow is on the downstream element (like QTDEMUX in my case) to be able to
pull the data from the SRC and pass it downstream. Is my understanding
correct?

3) Can Gstreamer pipeline operate PULL mode in case of network streaming?

and Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2017/

Many Thanks
Amit