Q: metadata (frame tags) preservation

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macq.eu
Tue Dec 27 11:48:30 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have read that since the 1.6 version of gstreamer, frame tags are preserved
by each plugin.  My questions below are targeted at memory- and frame-size-
independent tags, such as gps data, exposure, gain and so forth.

- Is there a refcount accessible when defining a new metadata type, to avoid
that one branch after a 'tee' destroys a metadata that's still used by the
other branch ?

- Is the preservation mechanism implemented outside of the plugins, or must
it be implemented in each plugin ? In that case, is a generic preservation code
available, that we could add e.g. to gstreamer-imx (imx hardware accelerated)
plugins ?

Thanks in advance

Philippe

--
Philippe De Muyter +32 2 6101532 Macq SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles