vaapih264enc and x264enc usage for encoding MVC / stereo?

Jérôme Carretero cJ-gst at zougloub.eu
Wed Dec 28 17:32:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm running out of google-fu to find documentation on how it's possible
to try and use h264 encoding with MVC profiles.

I am under the impression that the following should work to encode
side-by-side stereoscopic video:

... ! vaapih264enc ! video/x-h264,profile=stereo-high ! h264parse ! ...

But the resulting videos don't seem to be in the right profile.

Then, there is MVC, and I really had trouble finding *anything* on that.

Best regards,

--
Jérôme