shmsink freez on default shm-size

LC lienes.cirules at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:02:53 UTC 2016

Hello !

I experienced strange behavior with this scenario.
I have .m4 file in size of 19Mb. I am pushing those frames to shared memory
and than i run another pipeline to see those images.

I use these pipelines :
# Sender : gst-launch-1.0 -vv filesrc location=file2.mp4 ! decodebin !
typefind ! socket-path=/dev/shm/file
# Receiver: gst-launch-1.0 shmsrc socket-path=/dev/shm/file ! video/x-raw,
format=Y444, width=1920, height=1080, interlace-mode=progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1, chroma-site=mpeg2, colorimetry=bt709, framerate=30/1
! videoconvert! ximagesink

It works for a little time and video freezes. Than i changed the shmsink
shm-size to maximum like this :
# Sender : gst-launch-1.0 -vv filesrc location=file2.mp4 ! decodebin !
typefind ! shmsink shm-size=4294967295 socket-path=/dev/shm/file and it
worked.

The problem is that i could have large mp4 and that it will freez once 4GB
limit of shmsink is over .

Is it possible to use pipeline from file to shmsink with shmsrc ->
ximagesink ?

What should i do to solve the bug of freez ?