Reconfing mjpeg at any given fps

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Dec 30 23:07:27 UTC 2016

Le 26 déc. 2016 1:18 AM, "Krutskikh Ivan" <stein.hak at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi everyone

I have a working program that captures video from varion IP cams. The main
problem I'm facing is recording from mjpeg streams.

I have to do this monster for mjpeg:

souphttpsrc name=source  is-live=1 do-timestamp=1 ! multipartdemux
name=demux ! jpegparse ! videorate ! image/jpeg,framerate=5/1 ! tee name=f
ork fork. ! queue name=delay ! multipartmux name=mux ! tcpserversink
name=stream timeout=2000000000  fork. ! queue ! matroskamux ! multifilesink
name=persist  aggregate-gops=true post-mess
ages=true  next-file=4

My quesion goes as this:

if I do ! videorate | image/jpeg,framerate=5/1' I get decent video but
fixed at 5 fps.
if complitely remove the element I get out video at 1 fps. In real world ip
cams provide different fps from 15-20 to 5-4. How can I use gstreamer to be
ready for that?

GStreamer supports ranges in caps (framerate=[5/1,20/1]). You can also add
multiple video/x-raw section separated by ; to specify preferences.