How to peek at the buffer?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Feb 1 14:35:29 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 22:37 +0100, Bjoern wrote:

Hi Björn,

> first of all, I want to thank all contributors for their work on
> GStreamer. I am searching a a backend for the just open-sourced
> jukebox "Silverjuke", and I think I have found it :-)
>
> While "normal" playback already works I have no idea how to get the
> sample data from the audio buffer that is "about to being played"
> (Silverjuke has some build-in visualisations and calculations that I
> wanted too feed).

The easiest way would be to write a visualisation plugin that gets fed
audio samples and outputs video data. You can then set the visualiser
of your choice on the playbin element. There's a new GstAudioVisualizer
base class in gst-plugins-base 1.7.x / git master for what it's worth.

 Cheers
  -Tim