Video Streaming over socket

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 09:45:50 UTC 2016

Hi Yaroslav.

You really should drop GStreamer-0.10 and start using a more recent
GStreamer-1.0 version.

Besides that, your client has no way of knowing, what it is reading, so
obviously, your ffmpegcolorspace has no way of knowing what it should be
converting from. You need to add a format spec between filesrc and
ffmpegcolorspace like

'video/x-raw,format=I420,width=320,height=240.......'

Please *NOTE* the format spec shown here is in GStreamer-1.0 format, which
is not compatible with GStreamer-0.10. However you can see the format when
starting your server side.

Note that 'filesrc' has a typefind option, but obviously you can't detect
the type of a stream consisting of raw video data, so this won't work.

Also note that using fifo files has some properties/effects that sometimes
can be undesired. You will find out which when trying. Why not using
tcpserversink and tcpclientsrc ?

Best regards
Peter