Conversion from AVI to MP4 with audio

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Feb 5 09:44:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-02-05 at 08:40 +0000, Raushan Kumar Choudhary wrote:

Hi,

> I am trying to convert avi to mv4 using below pipeline but it is
> getting stuck at "New clock: GstSystemClock".Can anybody help .....
>
>  sudo ./gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.avi ! avidemux
> name=demux ! queue ! decodebin ! x264enc ! qtmux name=mux ! filesink
> location=result-yuv.mp4 demux. ! queue ! audioconvert ! queue ! mux.
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> Redistribute latency...
> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock

It's because x264enc by default consumes up to 3 seconds of video
before outputting anything, but there's less queuing than that on the
other branches.

Try using x264enc tune=zerolatency (there are better options to tweak
this, but this is the simplest) or use queue max-size-time=0 max-size-
bytes=0 max-size-buffers=0 in your audio branch.

Cheers
 -Tim