How do you construct the timestamps/duration for video/audio appsrc when captured by DeckLink?

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:49:11 UTC 2016

Tim, thank you so much for taking the  time to give such a detailed
explanation of how to work with the timestamps. Your reply has cleared up a
lot of the fog in my understanding of GStreamer.

Regarding memory management, I knew I had problems because when I would
unref the buffer/memory I had all sorts of critical issues so I just
commented those lines out temporarily until I figured out the proper usage.
So your explanation really clarified my understanding there also. I am now
studying GstBufferPool to see if perhaps that is the approach to take.

Thanks again, I appreciate your detailed help.
-Andres