Error: no gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.6.0

doon don-prog at mail.ru
Wed Feb 10 17:43:23 UTC 2016

Mart Raudsepp wrote
> Ühel kenal päeval, T, 09.02.2016 kell 22:56, kirjutas doon:
>> I trying install to gst-rtsp-server-1.7.1 from source but get an
>> error when
>> "./configure":
>> "Error: configure: No package 'gstreamer-1.0' found configure: error:
>> no
>> gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.6.0"
>> I checked my gstreamer packages, all them are 1.6.0, and any apt-get
>> update
>> and upgrade not works - I always get "Installed: 1.6.0-1ubuntu1
>> Candidate:
>> 1.6.0-1ubuntu1".
>
> It needs the pkg-config gstreamer-1.0.pc file, which on binary
> distributions is split into a separate development package, alongside
> the headers (which it will need as well to build from source). So you
> need to add the -dev packages for what is needed. On Debian/Ubuntu such
> packages are usually named with a "-dev" suffix added to the main
> package name, while on Fedora and other RPM distros it's usually "-
> devel" suffix iirc.
>
> You could also try the "apt-get build-dep
> <package>
> " command which will
> install the packages necessary to build the package
> <package>
> . If
> Ubuntu has an older gst-rtsp-server version under some name, you could
> use that package name for "
> <package>
> " and you should get all what's
> needed to build it from source as well, sans any new dependencies added
> between the Ubuntu version and your 1.7.1 (I doubt there are any). If
> no such package, probably build-dep's of something like gst-plugins-
> good (gstreamer1.0-plugins-good) would be sufficient as well.
> gst-rtsp-server packages appear to be in universe set for Ubuntu as
> libgstrtspserver-1.0
>
>> So how can I completely remove all gstreamer packages and
>> install newer versions?
>
> You can probably find good information about that from various search
> engine results if you want to go down that route afterall. One option
> would be to not mess with the system versions and either install in a
> separate prefix, or use gst-uninstalled setup, e.g like described at
> http://arunraghavan.net/2014/07/quick-start-guide-to-gst-uninstalled-1-x/
>

> Mart

Ok, thank you both, guys!
So I used  this link
<http://arunraghavan.net/2014/07/quick-start-guide-to-gst-uninstalled-1-x/>
and installed gstreamer using "sudo apt-get build-dep
gstreamer1.0-plugins-{base,good,bad,ugly}", after that I checked "~/gst"
directory but it did not exist. So I was compelled to use  this link
<http://jderose.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-run-gstreamer-uninstalled.html>
. I downloaded "gst-rebuild", and did "python gst-rebuild build-dep",
"python gst-rebuild gstreamer", "cd ~/gst", "./gst-git", "python gst-rebuild
all-plugins". After this I checked policy of "gstreamer1.0-plugins-good",
and saw still "Installed: 1.6.0-1ubuntu1" version. After that I tried to
"sudo python gst-rebuild gst-plugins-good" and now even gst-rebuild said
that I have 1.6.0 version: "configure: Requested 'gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.7.1.1'
but version of GStreamer is 1.6.0          configure: error: no
gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.7.1.1 (GStreamer) found". So I still have this error.
Also I remember that I installed a few weeks ago gst-rtsp-server which have
1.6.0 version, maybe it's due to it? Any way I still need help.
Regards!