is there a specific plugin suitable for capturing video from IP cameras like Axis cameras?

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 04:05:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

I need to add support for IP cameras in my application, and so I was
wondering if there is a specific src plugin suitable for IP cameras like
Axis surveillance cameras.

I know nothing about this type of camera so I just order a modest Axis dome
camera to play with. I noticed that they support RTSP so I guess I should
start there.

Anyway, if anyone has experience capturing video from these cameras do you
mind sharing any pointers, suggestions or warnings?

Thanks,

-Andres