Is there any function where I can process my encoded frame under GstVideoEncoderClass ?

ssshukla26 ssshukla26 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:08:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

I know how *handle_frame* function of GstVideoEncoderClass works.

But is there a way to implement the following use case of mine ?

1) I start encoding process of an incoming frame in *handle_frame* function
2) I fill this encoded frame data to the output buffer in some "*other*"
function and then the frames are pushed downstream as it is. ! "*like a
bottom half serving to an interrupt call*"

I need some insight on this cause my hardware encoder driver is made in such
a way that I have to make two threads, one to get the responses from encoder
and second thread to do the processing of the responses in first come first
serve fashion.

So if there is any way to process encoded frames under a function instead of
*handle_frame* function please let me know "*which function and how to do
it*" ! If not, can anyone just reply "NO" just to make my doubt clear.

Please guys help.