splitmuxsink generates first file with bad duration

Julio jeloguin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:30:39 UTC 2016

Hi guys.

I have a pipeline tahts works in this manner:
    - Receives networks H264 RTP packets
    - Sends this packets over UDP
    - Generates a JPG image every X seconds
    - Eventually encode that packets into h264 with splitmuxsink.

This is the whole pipeline:

UDPSRC->TEE->UDPSINK

->RTPH264DEPAY->AVDEC_h264->TEE->VIDEORATE->JPGENC->MULTIFILESRC

->X264ENC->SPLITMUXSINK (record branch )

The record brach is added/removed eventually, requesting new tee pad and
adding all the elements wigout stopping the pipeline..

The pipeline works, but my problem is that the first file splitmuxsink
generates is always less than the segment I have configured. For example, if
I configure the splitmuxsink to cut every 30 seconds, the first file is
always less than 30 seconds, but the rest files are ok ...

I have tried configuring h264 encoder properties with no luck ...

The H264 I receive over the network is VBR and variable frame rate.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot !!!