show a pipeline from decodebin

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Sat Feb 13 19:05:55 UTC 2016

If I use the command:

gst-launch-1.0 -v -e uvch264src device=/dev/video0 auto-start=true !
decodebin ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink

I get a "better" image than using the pipeline I think it should be.

So is there a way to "output" the internal pipeline that is created from
using decodebin ?

If not how can I reconstruct what the pipeline it "decodes"?

The reason I ask is ... when I use the pipeline I "think" it needs - which
is
gst-launch-1.0 -v -e uvch264src device=/dev/video0 name=src auto-start=true
\
      src.vfsrc ! queue !
video/x-raw,format=\(string\)YUY2,width=320,height=240,framerate=10/1 !
fakesink sync=false \
      src.vidsrc ! queue !
video/x-h264,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1,profile=main,stream-format=byte-stream
! h264parse ! fluh264dec ! xvimagesink sync=false

I cannot get the video to be 30 frames a second.

However using the decodebin above I get a "faster" picture than I do with
the pipe I think.
I guessing the default framerate is higher than what I'm able to set so far.

so I'm trying to figure out what the decodebin does that is different than
mine.

How do I do that?

Thanks

Jerry