Gstreamer-1.0 - get data from GstSample in GstAppSink

Christoph Kuhr christoph.kuhr at web.de
Sun Feb 14 11:36:18 UTC 2016

Hi *,

I posted on stack overflow before, but I realized, this might be the
better channel for this question.

I am trying to get data from a GstSample to process it in my app sink.
But I cannot find a way to extract the data from a sample. I have set
the callball function "new-sample":

|staticvoidGStPipeline::new_sample
(GstAppSink*sink,CustomData*data){GstSample*sample;sample
=gst_app_sink_pull_sample(data->app_sink);if(sample){data->sampleBuffer[data->num_samples]=sample;data->num_samples++;gst_sample_unref(sample);}gst_sample_unref(sample);}|

Am I missing some basic concept? Is it true, that since gstreamer-1.0 I
have to provide a callback "new-sample" instead of "pull-buffer" ? For
my understanding, a buffer contains the samples?

BR,
Ck