How to split TS stream into files?

Yakov Sudeikin yakovs at setplex.com
Mon Feb 15 10:32:10 UTC 2016

Hi, we are using multifilesink to store the incoming network .ts stream. We
save in 10 minute chunks using max-file-duration option.

Then we want to start playing at the arbitrary chunk, not always the first
one. Sometimes it works, but sometimes not. For instance it will start
playing from chunks 1,3,5, but not if you start at 2 or 4. I suggest this
is a keyframe alignment issue. Any hint how to deal with that?

I consider not using multifilesink at all and manually process with
appsink, but then again, how do I split the data stream in the right place?

I suggest there could be a message on the bus, but what exactly is that
message if there is, and how to use it to let appsink stop writing to one
file, and start another?

Any suggestions or explanations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Yakov Sudeikin