How to find out if the sink chosen by autoaudiosink supports GstStreamVolume.?

George Yunaev gyunaev at ulduzsoft.com
Tue Feb 23 08:52:51 UTC 2016

Hi all,

There are several sinks which autoaudiosink can choose from on Linux.
Some of them support GstStreamVolume (pulsesink), and some do not
(alsasink).

Using pulsesink's volume, for example, is preferred because it changes
the systray
mixer volume when I change it programmatically. So it is preferred.

How can I find out:

1. Which exact sink autoaudiosink has chosen? I can get it from the sink
name, which
it changes to something like autoaudiosink-pulse, but it doesn't sound
reliable.

2. How to find out if this  sink has support for GstStreamVolume?

3. And if yes, how to get the access to its GstStreamVolume?

Thank you in advance!

--
With best regards, George.