How to find out if the sink chosen by autoaudiosink supports GstStreamVolume.?

gyunaev gyunaev at ulduzsoft.com
Wed Feb 24 04:10:01 UTC 2016

Thank you Sebastian. This creates an interesting issue: apparently I have to
run (PAUSED at least) the pipeline to find out whether the sink has volume
control, which also means I cannot create "volume" element until
no-more-pads is emitted.

Is there a reference of which GStreamer functions take significant time? For
example, creatting elements, setting the pipeline state, initializing
GStreamer - is it necessary to run those in a separate thread, or they could
be run in GUI thread and then gst_element_set_state( pipeline, PAUSED ) will
start as many threads internally as needed?