GObject.Mainloop daemonize

Krutskikh Ivan stein.hak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:38:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm developing an ip video distributor/videorelay with python and gstreamer
and I'm stuck with gstreamer internal threading. I've defined a number of
classes with some gstreamer routines (GstRTSPServer and some multifdsinks
for video over http) some of them use GObject.Mainloop for event handling.
But when I start my server, the first instance to call loop.run() freezes
my program until loop exists. What can I do to daemonize each class in his
own thread? Maybe there is a more common way of dealing with gstreamer
threads?

Thanks in advance!