Excessive latency

David Jaggard davywj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:06:44 UTC 2016

The input of my stream is MPEG2 TS over RTP. The output is H264 video only.

Pipeline:
udpsrc->rtpbin->queue2->rtpMP2TDepay->TSDemux->(video)->queue2->DecodeBin->queue2->Deinterlace->queue2->x264Enc->queue2->h264pay->rtpbin->queue2->multiudpsink

(I added all those queues to try and trace the bottleneck).

The latency for the entire pipeline is set to a huge 1060ms.

Every single queue other than the last is empty. The very last queue before
the sink reports about 1100ms worth of data. This means that the entire
pipeline is (virtually) latency free except when it arrives at the sink and
has to buffer in order to synchronize to the clock. Why is it choosing such
a high latency?