Excessive latency

Mark Howell mark-sub1 at hypgnosys.org
Wed Feb 24 20:29:10 UTC 2016

On 02/24/2016 09:47 AM, David Jaggard wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I am using zerolatency and I was aware of the 200ms in the rtpbin
> (which is perfectly acceptable) but not TSDemux! How do I force a
> lower latency on the pipeline?
>
> Thanks very much

Hey David, FWIW I ran into something similar a few weeks ago and ended
up hacking tsdemux.c in gst-plugins-bad to change the default latency
from 700 ms to 50 ms. Patch attached. The discussion thread on this list
had the subject "poor playback of MPEG-TS-over-UDP stream"

If there's a better way to do this, such as poke the pipeline from code
to change tsdemux's latency, I'd like to hear about it. Perhaps wouldn't
be hard to add a settable latency property to tsdemux. Gurus, what is
the best way to handle this?

Mark.

[snip]