How can i force to end all streams (or pipeline) at a specific timestamp

hammerwerfer hammer.werfer at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 21:00:13 UTC 2016

Thanks for your quick response. Your advice pointed me to the right
direction. First i used a pad probe for event segments. But i was not able
to extract the stream time.

The to_stream_time() function (and the others) returned strange values (max
long or something, and always the same values). So i gave up.
Now i am using a pad probe for type buffer (Gst.PadProbeType.BUFFER) and
added it to my muxer (matroskamux). The value buffer.pts was a realistic
timestamp for my audio stream So when buffer.pts reaches my final timestamp
i send an eos event to my audioconverter element and the pipelines stops
streaming. The resulting video file has the correct length now.

Thanks,
Jens