Aw: Re: GStreamer application access violation in random locations

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Jan 5 05:18:04 PST 2016

On Di, 2016-01-05 at 04:36 -0800, pfarmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am not able to crash the function I posted before earlier. It
> crashed for sure once, but it may have been realated to some logging
> initialization that were still in memory at Simulink. So I narrowed
> it down to the debugging functions of gstreamer. Here the new minimal
> s-function that crashes every now and then:
>  [...]
>
> Note that it also crashes with the empty gstLogFunction().
> I would like however "redirect" the the gstreamer messages to the
> Simulink output. So I would like to use those functions.
> Does someone know what I could do to avoid the crashing?

This probably does not crash if you first add your log function, then
remove the old one and only then call gst_init(). And make sure that
these 3 things are only ever done once per process.

That's only a workaround though, somewhere there is a bug hiding. Can
you also reproduce this in a standalone application?