loadLibrary gstreamer_android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Jan 10 08:58:10 PST 2016

On So, 2016-01-10 at 07:42 -0800, cristian.astorino wrote:
> Hi, I'm using gst-player and I got some problems when trying the app
> on my
> HTC Desire S (Android 4.0.4).
> I have gstreamer 1.6.1 built with android ndk r10e
>
> When trying to load gstreamer_android.so it seems to not return:
>
> Log.d(TAG, "init 1");
> System.loadLibrary("gstreamer_android");
> Log.d(TAG, "init 2");
>
> init2 is not printed in the debug log.
> Here you can find logcat: http://pastebin.com/GK1fsQBY
>
> How can I solve?

Looks like a wonderfully broken device :) It somehow raises SIGPIPE
during GStreamer initialization, which then kills the whole process.

Can you try if everything works well if you add
  signal(SIGPIPE, SIG_IGN);
at the top of gst_android_init() in
share/ndk-build/gstreamer_android-1.0.c.in and then rebuild the
application?