Using GstVideoOverlay on Mac

Andy Robinson andy at seventhstring.com
Tue Jan 12 06:40:14 PST 2016

On 11/01/16 21:07, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> Try using glimagesink, it generally works better than osxvideosink and
> also has more features. Does that work better?

This behaves the same as autovideosink - if I omit the call to
gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle then it displays the video in a
separate window. When I include the call to
gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle then I get no video at all, and my
NSView has no subviews. Although from inside the program, everything
seems to be working smoothly.

> Unfortunately I'm not aware of a plain OSX application that uses the
> GstVideoOverlay interface, only GTK+ applications and plain OSX
> applications using the CoreAnimation sink.

So are you saying that nobody uses this feature on Mac? Is it possible
that it simply doesn't work? I don't know what CoreAnimation sink is, it
doesn't seem to be installed on my system (a "full install" of 1.6.1).
Is it something I could use for displaying video in a NSView owned by my
app (which is all I want to do)?

I would really like to find a solution.

Regards,
Andy Robinson, Seventh String Software, www.seventhstring.com