Frame rate drops to 0.8 fps on increasing load

Thomas Scheuermann scheuermann at barco.com
Wed Jan 13 05:39:06 PST 2016

Hello,

I use in an application the following pipeline for testing:

videotestsrc ! filter ! vaapipostproc ! filter ! appsink

For normal usage videotestsrc ! filter would be replaced by receiving a
network stream and decoding it.

This all runs well. But when I generate more load on the machine, the
frame rate does not just go slowly down as the increase of load. It
drops directly to about 0.8 frames per second.

If I set sync=false, the framerate behaves like expected and goes down
when I increase the load.
But I need to use sync=true.
What can I do that the pipeline with sync=true behaves the same way?

I use GStreamer 1.4.5

Regards,
Thomas
This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: MAIL DISCLAIMER<http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer>