loadLibrary gstreamer_android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Jan 13 12:27:16 PST 2016

On Mo, 2016-01-11 at 13:21 -0800, cristian.astorino wrote:
> I've made some progress.
> I modified Android.mk to include following plugins:
>
>  coreelements adder app audioconvert audiorate audioresample
> audiotestsrc gio typefindfunctions videoconvert videorate videoscale
> videotestsrc volume autodetect videofilter
> $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_PLAYBACK) $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_SYS)
> $(GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_VIS) subparse alaw apetag audioparsers auparse dv
> flv multipart taglib adpcmdec fragmented id3tag kate mxf openh264 pnm
> rfbsrc schro gstsiren smoothstreaming  videoparsersbad gdp tcp rtsp
> rtp rtpmanager soup udp dataurisrc sdp srtp faad mpegpsdemux
> mpegtsdemux a52dec amrnb amrwbdec asf mad mpeg2dec realmedia x264
> lame libav rtmp

I think the problematic plugin was androidmedia then, as expected.
Without this one you won't have support for the (hardware) codecs that
are available on the device and it would be good to understand why
exactly it's failing.

> Now the call to System.loadLibrary("gstreamer_android"); returns and
> the app start to execute other methods, but now there is another
> error and I don't know how to debug it. Can you help me?
>
> The error is:
> 01-11 22:35:00.660 28430-28527/it.boot.meteo A/libc: Fatal signal 11
> (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000024 (code=1)

You'll have to enable GStreamer debug output to get more useful
information about what goes wrong there, but as before there are also
lots of SIGPIPE happening here.

I think you a) need to enable more GStreamer debug output and b) run
this in a debugger to see where exactly it's crashing.