forwarded screen stutters every several seconds

henryco fhenryco at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 15 22:38:10 PST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to stream the whole desktop screen from a PC to a raspberry pi
with the following pipelines and everything is fine except for a rapid
stuterring every several seconds : from a few seconds when something changes
on the screen, to more than 10 seconds when it's static. I have tried
various combinations involving  sync=false on both ends, use-damage=0,
rtpjitterbuffer ... but with no success so far

sender side:

gst-launch-1.0 -v ximagesrc use-damage=true ! queue  ! videoconvert  !
videoscale ! "video/x-raw,framerate=(fraction)30/1,format=(string)I420" !
queue ! x264enc tune=zerolatency  ! queue ! rtph264pay  pt=96 ! udpsink
host=192.168.1.19 port=5000

receiver side (Rpi)

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5000 caps="application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)H264" ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! queue !
h264parse ! queue ! omxh264dec !
queue ! eglglessink

the only thing that removes the problem is when i give up the zerolatency
tuning (smoothing over many frames probably makes the glitch disappear) but
this is not an option  for me since the frame rate drops for a video (toot
much charge for the Pi ?) and probably the latency increases much...

may be there are too many queues in my pipelines, i dont know...

thank you in advance for advice and comments