gstreamer rtsp server - shared pipeline freezes on client connect and during connection timeout

Kyle Pennington clowd81 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 09:20:04 PST 2016

Let me provide reproduction steps.  I'm using Gstreamer 1.6.0 on Ubuntu
12.04 (required target OS for my project).

1) In gst-rtsp-server/examples/test-video.c, insert
"gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_shared(factory,
TRUE);" to line 147.
2) Recompile the gst-rtsp-server examples (navigate to root, and run make)
3) Navigate to the example directory, and run the "test-video" shell script
4) Connect to the running RTSP server using a local VLC client (url is
usually rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test)
5) Connect a second local VLC client.

On my setup, this results in the video in the VLC client started in step #4
to freeze until the VLC client started in step #5 finishes it's initial
buffering and starts the video.

Let me know if you need any additional information.