How to determine / find "period_size" of ALSASRC (LATENCY of alsasrc)

Ashish Kumar Mishra ashish.kmishra at dexceldesigns.com
Mon Jan 18 01:33:39 PST 2016

Hi All ,

Could any one please let me know how could we know the "PERIOD-SIZE" for an
alsasrc plugin.
"PERIOD-SIZE" would affect the "LATENCY"  ( along with affect "BUFFER-TIME"
& "BUFFER-SIZE " )

This factor seems to be important when in case when we have problem of audio
- video sync issue..
I have faced audio - video sync problem using VIDEOTESTSRC + ALSA +AVIMUX.
This problem i was able to improve , by some random trail and error methord
along with some sample configuration.

My question is how to determine "PERIOD-SIZE"  so that we get proper latency
value for alsa-src.

Thanks .