How to determine / find "period_size" of ALSASRC (LATENCY of alsasrc)

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jan 19 12:48:23 PST 2016

Le lundi 18 janvier 2016 à 21:44 -0800, Ashish Kumar Mishra a écrit :
> Lets say i have an Alsasrc [ for audio ] and might use different
> plugin for
> video src
> [ say Filesrc , Videotestsrc , Camera , DVI chip etc ] .
>
> Case_1) How could we determine *single value of latency* for alsa
> plugin
> which could cater sync with any of above mentioned video src.
>     or
> Case_2) The latency of alsasrc needs to be calculated separatley
> considering
> individual videosrc being used
> ( This is what i think should be the approach )

I don't really understand this talk I'm sorry. Maybe it would be easier
for us to explain what issue you are having with GStreamer in this
regard.

cheers,
Nicolas

p.s. the latency mechanism internal to gstreamer is explained here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/design/part-
latency.txt