what transmission of direction are GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM and GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_UPSTREAM events?

zhang007z zhang007z at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:30:25 PST 2016

as title description :
(1)My understanding was that GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM event is transmited
from upstream src pad to downstream sink pad,on downstream sink pad
GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_DOWNSTREAM event is dealed with by
downstream_handler_function gst_pad_set_event_function (sinkpad,
upstream_handler_function) set up .

(2)whereas GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_UPSTREAM event is transmited from downstream
sink pad to upstream src pad. on upstream src pad GST_EVENT_CUSTOM_UPSTREAM
event is dealed with by upstream_handler_function gst_pad_set_event_function
(srcpad, upstream_handler_function) set up .

I don't know if I understand the issue of principle is correct?

if anybody have any idea for me ,thank you in advance.