Doubts regarding hlsdemux

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Jan 20 04:57:02 PST 2016

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 04:24 -0800, Bhavya wrote:

Hi,

> I had few queries regarding hlsdemux.
>
> -  Does hlsdemux of gstreamer 1.2.3 version support parsing EXT-X-
> MEDIA:TYPE
> (for alternate media support) ?

No, 1.2.3 does not support alternative renditions (EXT-X-MEDIA), nor
does git master currently (but I'm working on it).

> - If Master playlist gets updated dynamically with new variant, will
> it be reflected ? Or does only media playlist updation is allowed?

The master playlist is usually not updated, but if there's a problem
with one of the media playlists, it will/should reload the master
playlist to see if anything changed (not sure if it does that in 1.2.3
though, it's a bit old, you'd have to check the code).

Cheers
 -Tim