Aw: Re: Re: Re: GStreamer application access violation in random locations

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jan 21 00:18:07 PST 2016

On Mi, 2016-01-20 at 07:15 -0800, pfarmer wrote:

> > It looks like a case of general memory corruption at an earlier point that
> > is showing its
> > effects now.
>
> How does that work?
> Could that be prevented at all, if the SIGSEGVs are generated by Simulink?
> (except of being it fixed by Mathworks the Simulink programmers).

It could also be something in your code of course, or somewhere in
GStreamer. But without any other way to reproduce it we can't really
know.

You could try generating the most simple simulink plugin that causes
the crash, show your code of that here to make sure nothing is wrong
there and then report that to the simulink developers.