Streaming two video files while being recorded, using tee element

sina_sh sina.shafai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 06:18:41 PST 2016

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks a lot for your thorough explanation! :-)
so based on what I understood from your answer, if I could record another
stream file using tee with .webm format my video object would be able to
play it, right? (even with delay, havind delay is not so important)

I couldn't find any example for helping me out on developing a pipeline for
recording a .webm file via gstreamer.

the pipeline below doesn't function properly:

gst-launch-1.0  v4l2src  device=/dev/video0   ! vp8enc !  webmmux !
filesink location=test.webm

it gives me "WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "vp8enc"" I've checked
and realized that vp8enc is installed and managed with gst-launch-0.1
instead of the new one I'm using. Is there any alternative for this encoder?

if I remove the vp8enc from my pipeline then it gives me "streaming task
paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)"

can you please help me with this one as well?

Appreciate your help in advance