I am having trouble getting good results from vp8enc

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 15:42:34 PST 2016

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could share the configuration parameters they
use with VP8 to get high quality results. I am using vp8enc with the
following configuration:

    g_object_set(m_pGstEncoder, "target-bitrate", 256000, NULL);    // in
kbits/sec
    g_object_set(m_pGstEncoder, "cpu-used", 0, NULL);
    g_object_set(m_pGstEncoder, "keyframe-max-dist", 240, NULL);

for a 640x360  stream but the quality is just OK but nothing special.  What
parameters should I use to get better quality?

Thanks,

-Andres