Issue with gstreamer-vaapi

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jan 26 13:51:24 PST 2016

Le mardi 26 janvier 2016 à 15:51 -0500, William Katsak a écrit :
> width=1920
> height=1080
> coded_width=1920
> coded_height=1088
>
> Thinking that there is some weird resolution mismatch here, I add a
> vaapipostproc width=1920 height=1080 to the pipeline, and it runs
> fine.
>
> What could be going on here? Why would it work before, and not now?
> Is
> this an issue with the movie itself, or a regression somewhere in
> the
> software stack?

It's very common to code 1080p video in 1920x1088. That's because most
encoders works in macroblock of 16x16. I still didn't myself manage to
get through how this is handled by vaapi elements, clearly it's buggy.
This is not the first time such an issue is reported. Please file a
bug.

cheers,
Nicolas

p.s. With the libav software decoder, it's handled using the
VideoAlignment mechanism, though for vaapi it's a bit more complex due
to the abstract memory model they use. They need to rely on cropping
meta mechanism, which never worked so well. Ideally, search for
existing bug, it's likely filed multiple time already.