Issue with gstreamer-vaapi

William Katsak wkatsak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:04:08 PST 2016

My backtracking seems to show that the key factor is that my 15.04
install used GStreamer 1.4.5, and 15.10 uses 1.6.0. In fact, the libva
and libva-intel-driver versions are identical on my installs. I tried
building a bunch of versions by hand in a clean environment, and
everything seems to behave the same with GStreamer > 1.4.5.

I've actually built the entire stack from source with GST 1.4.5 and
everything else at their latest versions, and my pipeline works.

This makes me think that something changed in qtdemux that is breaking
it actually (or fixed there, exposing something broken in gstreamer-vaapi!).

I'm in the process of confirming this, and I'll check the code myself,
but does this ring any bells for anyone?

Thanks!
-Bill