mp4mux + video/x-h265

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Jan 27 23:34:12 PST 2016

On Do, 2016-01-28 at 02:41 +0300, Krutskikh Ivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use mp4mux with h265 video codec with gstreamer
> 1.6.x?

No, only the demuxer has support for h265 currently. It would be easy
to add to the muxer though, it's basically the same as with h264 just
different fourccs. Want to try to write a patch?

Otherwise feel free to file a bug here against gst-plugins-good for a
feature request:
  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer

> Right now I have to use matroskamux for that. The same question goes
> for mpegtsmux/mpegpsmux

mpegtsmux has support for it since a few days ago in GIT master. For
MPEG PS, is there even a spec for how to put it into that container?
It's not supported by the muxer yet in any case.