autoaudiosrc/directsoundsrc not working in windows 8.1

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 05:57:38 PST 2016

I am no expert in this - but I have looked through your code.

I notice that in start recording you perform both a set_state to PAUSED
and then a set_state to PLAYING.  You do not verify that the set_state
to PAUSED has worked, and it is possible that the set_state is still
taking place when you attempt to change the state again.

It is quite possible that Windows has made a subtle change to the way it
executes, such that you 'get away with it' in Windows 7, but it fails in
Windows 8.1.

I do not think that you need to set the state to PAUSED at the time that
you do - simply setting to PLAYING will probably do.