gst-python-1.8.1

Johannes Bauer bauer.hannes.jo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 10:06:26 UTC 2016

Hello Shishir!

I really appreciate your input!
I uninstalled the older gstreamer and gi version and added your suggestion
to my py-script and now python finds gi but cannot find Gst.

The "make check" on gst-python fails due to "Too many levels of symbolic
links".
gi/overrides/__init__.py is a link to itself. That seems to be the problem
here. However I dont know if it is a problem for the installation.

The "make install" puts Gst in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides, whereas the rest of gi
is installed to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi.

I tried copying the content fron site-packages to dist-packages, but it did
not help.
Still I get the error msg:

ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Gst
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "gstreamer.py", line 11, in <module>
>     from gi.repository import Gst as gst
> ImportError: cannot import name Gst

Does anyone know how to resolve that issue?

Kind regards
JB