Making a Java InputStream Video Player

Nicolas Castillejos djos06 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:07:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to make a Java Video Player that can load a source from a
Java InputStream.
To do this, I'm using the gstreamer-java bindings.
My technique is to make an AppSrc that I put at the start of the
pipeline, then I feed the buffer of the AppSrc with the bytes I read on
the Java InputStream.

My problem is that I can only see the first picture of the video I try
to read ( it's a .m4v file that I use for my tests).
I really don't know what is the problem.

You can find a zip at this address :
http://nicolas.castillejos.free.fr/InputStreamJavaPlayer.zip

It contains :

- the java source code of my InputStreamJavaPlayer that contains a
simple main() method to test it.
- a .m4v file that I use for my test.
- the Debug log file
- the Graph (.png file) of my pipeline.

If somebody could look at it and maybe test it , to see if there is a
problem in my pipeline construction or something, I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

Nicolas Castillejos

*Versions Info :*

GStreamer Version : 1.6.4
Java Binding : latest version (26 April) on
https://github.com/gstreamer-java/gst1-java-core
Java Version : 1.8.0_60