gstreamer flush filesink from c++

xargon daga_pankaj at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 13:21:34 UTC 2016

I have this gstreamer pipeline which works from the coomand line as:

Now, I am replicating this on the C++ side as follows:

I connect this to a QT window and play as follows:

This starts displaying the video stream onto my Qt window and the file
test.mp4 gets created and it starts to grow in size. However, when I quit
the application, the file is not playable. I have a feeling this is because
the last bits or some header information is not written due to me calling:

Is there a way to ensure that EOF or EOS is called on the pipeline before
closing and ensuring that the file is written properly? This is also a
speculation at the moment from my part but something else could be wrong...