Building a DVR application for H264 feeds.

dtmoodie dtmoodie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 14:01:57 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'd like to be able to DVR video from the H264 feed from a surveillance
camera onto a circular file buffer.
I've achieved some success with the multifilesink element in splitting files
on disk with this:
gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc
location=rtsp://192.168.1.51:554/axis-media/media.amp ! rtph264depay !
h264parse ! mpegtsmux ! multifilesink location=%05d.ts next-file=key-frame

Which can be played with:
gst-launch-1.0 multifilesrc location=E:/test/%05d.ts ! decodebin !
autovideosink

However if I delete the first file, this does not work.  Which defeats my
purpose of splitting the files on disk because I want to only keep the last
10 files or so.  I was hoping setting next-file=key-frame would solve this
because it says it is useful for MPEG-TS segmenting.  However it appears
that the header information is only being written to the first tile.  Does
anyone know if it is possible to force it to write header information to
each file?