Best way to encode H264 with AAC Audio for good file size

tgn1 tiagofariascabral at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:58:03 UTC 2016

Hey guys, I've been trying to record a stream using a Logitech C920 Camera
with its own H264 encoder and an AAC Audio encoder, but it seems I am going
wrong somewhere because the file size gets too large.

I've made another topic before about this, and I was told to use a H264
encoder (but I think using the hardware encoder from C920 wouldn't be a
problem), an AAC encoder (which I am using right now, I hope) and use qtmux
or mp4mux to create the file (which I am using too), but I couldn't find a
way to solve the problem, even with the changes I made. Can you guys help me
out on what I should do/modify to make it work?

This is my pipeline now:
gst-launch-1.0 -e v4l2src device=/dev/video1 \
!  video/x-h264, width=800, height=448, framerate=24/1 ! h264parse ! tee
name=myvid \
myvid. ! queue ! mux.video_0 \
pulsesrc
device="alsa_input.usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_097233BF-02-C920.analog-stereo"
! audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2,depth=16 ! audioconvert ! voaacenc !
aacparse ! queue ! mux.audio_0 \
mp4mux name=mux ! filesink location=out.mp4

Thanks!