how to install built gstreamer rpm

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:14:39 UTC 2016

Le mardi 12 juillet 2016 à 09:58 +0800, qw a écrit :
> What's step to install the built gstreamer rpm files? I want to
> verify gstreamer sdk. Where can I get some sample code that uses
> gstreamer sdk?

Note that the RPM generator is not well maintain at the moment. We will
try and clean it up as we find the time.

Installing RPM depends on the OS you are running. On Fedora and recent
Redhat Enterprise, this would be achieved using:

  dnf install rpm1.rpm rpm2.rpm ...

You could also create a repository using the createrepo_c command.
Other distributions have other tools (i.e Suse uses zypper iirc). You
may also install using rpm command directly, but most distribution
don't recomment it.

  rpm -i rpm1.rpm rpm2.rpm ...

When installed, you'll need to run gst-env script to get a properly
setup environment.

If you don't want to deal with rpms, you can pass the -t option to
package command, it will produce tarballs instead. If you don't want to
install anything on your system, the simplest is to pass -b (build
only) and to use cerbero shell.

  ./cerbero-uninstalled shell --use-system-libs
  $ gst-inspect-1.0

regards,
Nicolas