gst_element_factory_make failed to create glimagesink element

clement clement.platon at laposte.net
Tue Jul 12 14:10:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am new to gstreamer and I am working on a C project with gstreamer 1.8.2
librairies and plugins (built from sources). I want to upload a video to an
openGL texture. For that, I found the glimagesink plugin that seems to do
what I want and gst-inspect confirms that it is installed but
gst_element_factory_make("glimagesink", "glimagesink0") returns NULL
Can anybody explain me this behaviour ? Do I need to do something else to
access glimagesink element from my application ?

Thanks,

Clement